Starship Barracks – Fort Jackson, SC
- Civil Engineering
- 16.5 Acres
- 207,600 SF
Cox and Dinkins provided site civil engineering for the swing-space temporary facilities. Services included the design of water, sanitary sewer, grading and erosion control, storm drainage, pavement markings, traffic control signage, sidewalks, and grassing of disturbed areas. All submittals, technical narratives, and presentation drawings were provided to and approved by the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Pre-construction topographic surveying of Starships 11000, 12000, and DFAC sites.
- Construction staking of new facilities included buildings, water lines, and light poles.
· Post-construction surveying included record drawings of the detention pond and storm drainage system.
- Performed all civil engineering on the 16.5-acre site, including the following buildings:
- 130,000 SF – Barracks space in 10 buildings.
- 18,000 SF – Classroom space in 4 buildings.
- 22,500 SF – Administrative space in 5 buildings.
- 6,300 SF – Battalion Headquarters space in 1 building.
- 22,500 SF – Dining facility in 1 building.
- 7,500 SF – Covered training area in 5 buildings.
- 800 SF – Arms vaults in 5 buildings.